Meccano Manuals 1908 - 1981
Pre-war - Other
Changes between the 1931 and 1933
How to Use Meccano Parts manuals
Although these two manuals on the face of it look virtually the same there are many differences in the 1933 edition.
- IFC : SM1 & 2 - Last sentence - Reference to the Steam Engine is deleted.
- Page 1 : Part No.145, Circular Strip - Size changed from 7" to 7½".
- Page 8 : Part No.69a, Grub Screw - 5/32" added in.
- Page 9 : Meccano Instruciton Manuals - Completely revise to take into account the revised range of manuals that were issued from 1931.
- Page 10 : Super Model Instruction Leaflets - No.14a & No.16a replaced No.14 & No.16 respectively.
- Page 14 : Pulley Wheels - No.23a, 22 & 23 now mention grub-screws instead of set-screws.
- Page 20 : Pawls etc. - Part No.147c added.
- Page 22 : Figure 97 changed.
- Page 23 : Tyres - Reference to 'DUNLOP' removed.
- Page 24 : Circular Saw - Now says 'Made in Sheffield' and text also revised.
- Page 26 : Hooks - 57c added.
- Pages 28/9 : Electrical Parts - Extensively revised due to revision of range and numbering - No change to figures.
- Pages 30-2 : Power Units and Accessories - Extensively revised due to deletion of Steam Engine and additional electric motors (No.6 replaced by E1, E6, E1/20, E20a, E20b).
- IRC : Changes in the text. Also address of Meccano Ltd changed from 'Old Swan' to 'Binns Road'.